Monday 18 April 2011

Its been a few weeks since I sat down at the keyboard and its been very busy with shows and teaching. First I went off to Lillistrom in Norway which is always a pleasure to go to except for the traveling. Friday 12.15am drive from home to London to fly out- Love the journey !!!! but as always well worth the trip 3 days of good demos and even got to play with some of the new loomis NRX nano rods great action but the cosmetics are a little in your face !!!
I then flew back to London and Stayed with Kiran and his family in North London and enjoyed great hospitality before going fishing. Kiran's Farther was my oldest pupil to date at a sprightly 89- and he would not give up until he mastered the casting. Hope I have half his energy at that age.
The following week I was guiding on Rutland and boy what a day. Fish all over the place and my pupil who had never picked up a fly rod in his life before caught 8 fish all on nymphs. Later on in the day the fish came up and the best method by far was a floating line with nymphs and a cat booby on the point.
I am now sat at home after 2 long days at Kelmarsh Game and Country fair. I was MC for the Angling arena and it proved to be very entertaining. Chris " The countryman" Green brought his new 8 boar gun out and boy what a noise that makes and at the end of both days we had a bit of a fun fishing competition between Jan Porter and Charles Jardine- Saturday saw Jan catch one jack pike to win the mini competition. Sunday I decided to use Jan's spinning rod and again just pipped Charles.
I would like to thank everybody who came and supported the area and I look forward to seeing you at the nest show.

No comments:

Post a Comment