Wednesday 16 February 2011


Hi all, well at the moment I have not been doing much fishing so not a lot to write about, however last weekend I was over in Dublin doing the show Angling Ireland with Mara Media. Now as a show, it was a great success with loads of people, and in these troubled times it was nice to see them spending much to relief of the staff and stall holders. It was great to meet up with old friends and make new ones. There were a few highlights for me and the first was to see 2 youngsters from the Irish Youth fly fishing team doing their first casting demonstration. They were Shaun and Shane who were a credit to themselves and to Irish youth fishing "well done lads, keep up the good work".
The second and for me the best moment of the weekend was when I met up with what I believe is one of my youngest fans Liam ( pictured above with Martin his dad). Martin told me that he does not like watching cartoons on the TV but will sit quietly through my programme . As he is so young he can not say my name but calls me tickles!!! Priceless!!!.
The funniest moment of the weekend was when I saw Hugh Bonner ( the organizer) and Stevy Mun running across the hall to the office to get water having just sampled the sushi prepared by Chris Sandford unfortunately he forgot to tell them about the wasabi paste that was on them!!!! Nice one Chris!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment